The Parish Council hopes that you have all had a relaxing and enjoyable break over Christmas. 2021 has been another difficult year for all and we sincerely hope that 2022 will be a better year, Happy New Year.
The Village has had two residents come forward to be respondents now meaning Liddington have three respondents. To give the village the best possible coverage, Liddington Parish Council are asking you to help more people in your neighbourhood survive a cardiac arrest by becoming a GoodSAM Cardiac Responder.
GoodSAM works with ambulance services across the UK, alerting people trained in CPR to nearby cardiac arrests while an ambulance is on the way.
- This is about helping people in your neighbourhood and you will only be alerted to cardiac arrests within a few hundred metres of where you live.
- Most Cardiac Responders only receive 2 alerts a year.
- You do not have to be “On-duty” to receive Cardiac Arrest notifications.
- You are only asked to provide CPR and to use a defibrillator if one is available.
- If you receive an alert and are unable to respond, that’s fine, the next nearest person will be alerted.
- An ambulance will also be on the way.
- The ambulance services control who they alert (staff; professionals; volunteers with first aid certification; self-certifying volunteers) and over what radius.
If you are interested in becoming a responder, please contact the Clerk via email at email@example.com
Liddington & Wanborough Parish Council would like to hold a joint defibrillator training session for residents in Liddington and Wanborough Parish, prior to booking we would like an idea of who would like to attend, with a date to be confirmed once we know who is interested. So if you are interested in attending a training session please e-mail the Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org
VANDILISM OF SIGNS
Recently there has been an issue of the dog fouling signs being vandalised in the village, which is unacceptable behaviour, should anyone who witness such behaviour please telephone the Police on 101.
PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS
The Parish Council are currently looking into ways to make the monthly Parish Council meetings more accessible.The next meeting of Liddington Parish Council will be held on 5th January starting at 7pm in the Village Hall. Residents are welcome to attend, following current Government guidelines.
Laura Evans, Clerk to Liddington Parish Council